PROVIDING IMPACT-FOCUSSED ECOLOGICAL REHABILITATION & VELD MANAGEMENT CONTRACT SERVICES
ABOUT BAVIAANSKLOOF BEWAREA
The Baviaanskloof Bewarea non-profit company is a community-based implementation entity with a head office in the Baviaanskloof of the Eastern Cape of South Africa. Our primary focus is to do work that directly or indirectly supports livelihoods in the landscape.
We have been operational since the beginning of 2020 although our team has worked through our founding partner, Living Lands, before that.
OUR VISION as a relatively young entity, our first 5-year vision is to build an effective ecological- and economic support platform from which we serve landowners as natural resource custodians both inside- and around the Baviaanskloof.
As OUR MISSION, we try to not hold on tightly to common presuppositions about anything and aim to push boundaries where necessary to create true value and impact.
We work to realise our vision through:
• Providing impact-focussed ecological rehabilitation and veld management contract services
• Supporting landowners through the affordable provision and management of shared agricultural assets
• Supporting landowners with property-specific requirements and planning
• Providing access to regenerative agriculture inputs and knowledge
• Harnessing the value of natural resources through an integrated financial- and operational management approach
• Exploring alternative landscape business cases
• Providing administrative- and financial support to other Baviaanskloof entities
• Offering ourselves or links to partners as thinking partners around day-to-day challenges in natural resource management
PROVIDING ACCESS TO REGENERATIVE AGRICULTURE INPUTS & KNOWLEDGE
We implement projects that fall within the following programmes with which we build an increasingly strong knowledge- and experience base.
OUR PRIMARY FOCUS IS TO DO WORK THAT DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY SUPPORTS LIVELIHOODS IN THE LANDSCAPE.